Thursday 25 March 2010

Welcome to Beyond the Cliche

Hi! I'm Ryan Miller - I'm a 20 year-old student in Edinburgh with a hideous lack of prioritisation in my life - studying or blogging about sport? I think I'll blog about sport! This is Beyond the Cliche, where my colleague and I will give our views on what we feel are the big issues in sport right now. My special interests are football, cricket and rugby union but I can pretty much give an informed view on anything! Here are the teams I support:
Football: Livingston FC and Scotland
Cricket: Somerset Sabres and England (Scotland's team is shite/pretty much non-existent)
Rugby: Edinburgh and Scotland
NFL: Philadelphia Eagles

That's about it from me for now.
RM

So that makes me the colleague Ryan mentioned. He has posted his bio first and covered all the important details, pretty much making my bit redundant. Anyway, I'm Graeme, a student who stricly adheres to the traditional student lifestyle of partying, sleeping and playing rugby. Gifted with a great memory, I have chosen to devote it almost entirely to knowing things about sports. Given a student loan, I have chosen to spend it on Sky Sports. As Ryan said, it's all about priorities.

Anyone I support tends to display a chronic lack of achievement:

Football: Dumbarton FC, Inter Milan and Scotland, but will watch anything. And do.
Rugby: Edinburgh and Scotland
American Football: Washington Redskins
Basketball: New York Knicks and Olkahoma City Thunder, mainly for Kevin Durant
Baseball: The New York Mess. Sorry, I mean Mets
Boxing: Anyone above Welterweight. I'm a big bloke, I like my boxers to be as well.

Plus I'll watch the Olympics, the tennis Grand Slam's, the Tour de France and pretty much anything else I can. If two Filipino children start kicking a coconut around, I'll quickly start tuning in.

That'll do.

GM

No comments:

Post a Comment